- Understanding breast cancer is the first step in your treatment journey
- There are several options for treatment, and many provide a personalized approach
- Depending upon your age, personal history, and family history, you may be advised to have genetic counseling
- At UW Health, we have resources to support you and your family throughout your cancer treatment journey; learn more about patient resources at UW Health, in the community and online
- UW Health offers cooling caps, which may be able to help you maintain your hair during chemotherapy treatment.
Looking for a Breast Cancer Second Opinion?
Many women newly diagnosed with breast cancer want to get treatment right away. They feel a strong sense of urgency and jump into the first treatment their doctor recommends. However, in most cases, there is time to do some valuable research to understand your cancer and therapy options.
Getting the right cancer treatment is important. Having other breast cancer specialists review your medical records and test results can help you make the best decisions. Learn more about getting a second opinion