Road and parking lot construction in Madison, Wis. may result in travel delays and route changes to UW Health clinic and hospital locations. Please plan accordingly.Read more
Ahmed Afifi, MD, is a UW Health plastic surgeon and an associate professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
He performs general plastic and reconstructive surgery and provides surgical treatment for headaches and migraines.
Dr. Afifi performs cosmetic procedures for the face and body, including body contouring surgery and other treatments that enhance the appearance of the face, breasts and skin. He specializes in partial and total breast reconstruction surgery for patients with cancer or noncancer conditions requiring a mastectomy. He also offers surgical treatments for pain and other symptoms of headaches and migraines.
In addition to treating patients, Dr. Afifi teaches residents and other doctors and is involved in research to improve plastic surgery techniques and outcomes. He is passionate about contributing to the development of safe and effective advancements that can also help streamline recovery.
In his free time, Dr. Afifi enjoys basketball, soccer and spending time with his family, so much so that he has coached his daughter's basketball teams throughout elementary school.
I take pride in offering my patients the latest techniques, backed by scientific evidence and research. Plastic surgery is faster, more effective, easier and safer than ever.
Education & credentials
- Plastic Surgery
- Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Plastic Surgery, Cairo University Hospitals, Cairo, Egypt
Pediatric Plastic and Craniofacial Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Hand and Microsurgery, University of New Mexico Hospitals, Albuquerque, NM
Aesthetic and Breast Reconstruction, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Cairo University Hospitals, Cairo, Egypt
- Body Contouring
- Botox® and Fillers
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Reconstruction with Implants
- Breast Reduction
- Cosmetic Laser Services
- Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator (DIEP) Flap Breast Reconstruction
- Latissimus Dorsi Flap Breast Reconstruction
- Limb Salvage
- Limb Salvage Surgery
- Microsurgery for Plastic and Reconstructive Procedures
- Migraine Surgery
- Nerve Injuries
- Nerve Repair
- Nipple Areola Reconstruction
- Superficial Inferior Epigastric Artery (SIEA) Flap Breast Reconstruction
- Superior Gluteal Artery Perforator (SGAP) Flap Breast Reconstruction
- TRAM Flap Breast Reconstruction
- Tendon Repair
- Transverse Upper Gracilis (TUG) Flap Breast Reconstruction
- Trauma Injury Reconstruction