If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, please call or send a MyChart message to your primary care provider before going to Urgent Care.
Dr. Samuel Poore is an Associate Professor in the Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Division of Plastic Surgery and is a member of the UW Health Breast Center. He is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Poore obtained his MD and PhD degrees from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island and residency training at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. He then completed a fellowship in Microsurgery and Research at Bernard O’Brien Institute of Microsurgery, Melbourne, Australia.
Dr. Poore specializes in microvascular surgery with an emphasis on breast reconstruction, and reconstruction of the adult face, trunk, extremities and head and neck. He has special interest in limb salvage and the treatment of amputation pain with targeted muscle reinnervation (TMR) and regenerative peripheral nerve interface (RPNI).
Dr. Poore has a comprehensive research program focused on developing an osseointegrated neural interface for prosthetic control (ONI), peripheral nerve regeneration, outcomes in plastic surgery, microsurgical education (www.microsurgeryeducation.org) and the impact of diversity on surgical access and publication trends.
Education & credentials
- Plastic Surgery
- Brown University, Providence, RI
Microsurgery and Research at Bernard O'Brien Institute of Microsurgery, Melbourne, Australia
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Reconstruction with Implants
- Breast Reduction
- Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator (DIEP) Flap Breast Reconstruction
- Hand Surgery
- Hand Surgery
- Latissimus Dorsi Flap Breast Reconstruction
- Limb Salvage
- Limb Salvage Surgery
- Lymphedema Surgery
- Microsurgery for Plastic and Reconstructive Procedures
- Nerve Repair
- Nipple Areola Reconstruction
- Superficial Inferior Epigastric Artery (SIEA) Flap Breast Reconstruction
- Superior Gluteal Artery Perforator (SGAP) Flap Breast Reconstruction
- TRAM Flap Breast Reconstruction
- Tendon Repair
- Transverse Upper Gracilis (TUG) Flap Breast Reconstruction
- Trauma Injury Reconstruction