Clinical trials are research studies conducted to find better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer. Clinical trials involve people who volunteer to participate.
The UW Carbone Cancer Center typically has more than 250 clinical trials available for participation at any one time.
Why Should You Participate in a Clinical Trial at UW Carbone Cancer Center?
There are several possible benefits to joining a clinical trial, including:
- Access to new treatments before they are available to others
- Receiving expert medical care at a leading healthcare facility
- Helping doctors learn more about cancer and contributing to the treatment and care of future patients.
A Patient's Experience: Melanoma Clinical Trial
Learn More About Cancer Clinical Trials
- Taking Part in Clinical Trials: What Patients Need to Know from the NCI
- Learn About Clinical Trials from the NCI