Wild Mushroom Risotto
- 6-7 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil or butter, divided
- 1 ½ lbs. fresh wild mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ tsp. coarse salt and ground black pepper + more to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring vegetable broth to a simmer in stock pot; keep warm.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil or butter to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms (in shifts) and saute until tender and beginning to brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Melt remaining oil or butter in a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, thyme and rice and stir until edges begin to look translucent, about 2 or 3 minutes. Add white wine and stir until liquid is absorbed, about 1 minute. Add a ladle of broth; stir until almost all broth is absorbed, about 1 minute. Continue adding ladles of broth, stirring until almost all broth is absorbed before adding more, until rice is tender but firm to bite, and risotto is creamy. Stir in mushrooms and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Stir in half the parmesan and serve with remaining parmesan sprinkled on top of risotto.