Tomato and Olive Mozzarella Salad
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup pitted green and black olives, halved
- ¼ cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. vine-ripened tomatoes (about 3 tomatoes), sliced
- ½ lb. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Cook balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over low heat until thick and syrupy, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the olives, parsley, garlic, basil, pepper and olive oil in a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- To serve, place the tomatoes and mozzarella rounds, slightly overlapping, on a serving plate. Spoon the olive and parsley mixture over the tomatoes. Drizzle the reduced balsamic over the salad and serve.