Sticky Ginger Braised Short Ribs
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 dried red chilies, finely minced
- ¾ tsp coarse salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 lbs beef short ribs
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- Whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, chilies, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the beef ribs, submerging them in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator, covered, for at least one hour.
- After marinating, drain the short ribs, reserving the marinade for later. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or oven-safe pot to medium-high heat. When hot, add short ribs and sear until browned on all sides, turning regularly. Add rice wine vinegar, beef broth and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Place Dutch oven in the preheated oven and cook for 3-4 hours, until meat falls off the bone.