Spicy Apricot Glazed Chicken
- ½ cup low sugar apricot preserves
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. coarse salt + more to taste
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper + more to taste
- 4 chicken breasts (about 5 lbs.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine preserves, dried apricots, garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper, and mix well to combine.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with additional salt and pepper, and place in a baking dish; cover with half of the apricot glaze. Place the peach halves around the chicken. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stopping halfway to cover with remaining peach glaze, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.