Shrimp Basil Pad Thai
- 8 oz pad Thai noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 dried Thai chilies, finely chopped
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp canola or grapeseed oil
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz shelled and deveined raw shrimp
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, peanuts, fresh basil, fresh cilantro and bean sprouts, for serving
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles in a colander and toss with sesame oil. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk together lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and Thai chilies.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 3 Tbsp. oil to medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp begin to curl and turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add egg and stir until nearly set, about 1 minute. Add the scallions and sauce and toss everything together, keeping the eggs intact, allowing to cook for a few minutes.
- Transfer pad thai to the bowl with the noodles. Top with peanuts, cilantro, basil and bean sprouts and serve with lime wedges.