Sauteed Winter Garlic Chard
- 1 ½ pounds autumn hearty greens, well washed, stems removed, and sliced into 3-inch strips
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced paper thin
- 1 pound spinach
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop hearty greens into a water and blanch for 4 minutes. Immediately plunge blanched greens into a bowl of ice-cold water to stop the cooking. Drain, squeeze dry, and set aside on a paper towel.
- Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until the garlic is golden around the edges, 4-5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove garlic from skillet; set aside.
- Raise heat to high. Add hearty greens and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add spinach; season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Cook until spinach wilts, stirring frequently (about a minute). Return garlic to pan and stir. The greens can be served immediately or at room temperature.
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 399 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 6 g