Salmon Burger with Tangy Coleslaw
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp canola oil mayonnaise
- Pinch coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lb coleslaw mix
- 2 lbs cooked salmon, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh baby dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whole wheat buns, toasted
In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, buttermilk, mayonnaise, salt and black pepper. Add coleslaw mix and toss to combine. Set coleslaw aside.
Combine the salmon, egg whites, mustard, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and dill in a separate a bowl. Mix it together with your hands until it forms a meatloaf-like consistency. Form 4 patties, about ¾-inch thick.
Heat oil in a skillet to medium-high heat. Cook salmon patties for 4-5 minutes per side, until each side is browned and the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
Place each salmon burger on a toasted bun and top with tangy coleslaw.