Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Salad
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder, divided
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tri-colored bell peppers, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon chili powder, cumin, paprika and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Place sweet potatoes on a greased baking sheet and coat with oil and spice mixture. Toss to coat. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.
- In the same small bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, remaining chili powder, zest and juice of lime and a dash of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place cooked sweet potatoes, black beans, bell peppers and cilantro in a large bowl. Pour in the dressing and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
The Learning Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of the Learning Kitchen at UW Health at The American Center.
Browse more recipes from the Learning Kitchen
Video: Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Salad