Mini Meat Loaves
Print This Recipe
Mini Meat Loaves (pdf)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup uncooked bulgar (a whole wheat product available in the bulk section or natural foods aisle)
- 10 ounces mashed winter squash–acorn or butternut (available in freezer section - thaw before adding - or use leftover cooked and mashed winter squash)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare a 13 x 9 pan by lightly oiling or spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in a bowl; then add all remaining ingredients except ground beef. Mix well.
- Add ground beef and combine with other ingredients using your hands.
- Divide mixture into four sections and shape into loaves. Place each loaf in the pan at least 1/2-inch apart.
- Bake 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- To freeze loaves to use later, remove from oven after 25 minutes, cool a bit, then wrap and freeze. Frozen loaves should be thawed in the refrigerator the night before and baked 30 minutes or until heated through.
Fat: 10 gm
Saturated Fat: 3.2 gm
Carbohydrates: 10 gm
Sodium: 132 mg
Fiber: 3 gm