Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
- 4 medium sized, red, yellow or orange bell peppers tops cut off, deseeded and ribs removed
- 1 ½ cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano + 1 tsp. dried basil
- 4 Tbsp. fresh mint, diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add ground turkey and cook, while stirring until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the brown rice.
- Add soy sauce, scallions, herbs, lemon juice and feta. Stirring to blend.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture until full.
- Place stuffed peppers in a square baking dish, upright, and covered with tin foil
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.