Harvest of the Month: Crockpot Acorn Squash Soup Recipe
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup 2 percent milk
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a medium or large crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until squash is tender.
- Serve warm.
Follow Culinary Services at UW Health on Facebook for more delicious recipes.