Cranberry Orange Apple Sauce
The orange and apple adds extra flavor to this yummy fresh cranberry sauce. Serve it with turkey, chicken, or pork.
- 8 ounces (2 cups) fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned and finely chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar or Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 - 4 tablespoons Splenda or sugar to taste
- 1 tablespoon brandy, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, orange juice, orange, apple, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Cover and continue to cook for 10 - 15 minutes while stirring occasionally until cranberries have popped and apples are tender. Remove from heat. Add Splenda or additional sugar to suit your taste. Add brandy if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: If made with all Splenda in place of sugar, there are only 45 calories and 11 grams of carbs per serving.
Total fat: 0 g
Saturated fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 20 mg
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 8 g
Protein: 0 g