Chilled Zucchini-Lemon Soup
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup shallots, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3-4 (about ½ lb) medium zucchini, sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon, divided
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Dash coarse salt
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until slightly translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and lemon zest and cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is softened but not cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Place zucchini, lemon juice, broth, parsley, dill and sugar into a blender and puree until smooth.
- To chill soup quickly, transfer to a container and place in a large bowl of ice water. Cool, stirring occasionally, for at least 20 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt, season with salt and taste; adjust accordingly. Serve.