Baked Hasselback Apples
- 2 large apples, cored and halved vertically
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar, divided
- 2 ½ Tbsp. butter, melted and divided
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 Tbsp. old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- 1½ cups vanilla frozen yogurt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Starting at the outermost edges, cut most, but not all, of the way through each apple half at quarter-inch verticals. Place apple halves, cut side down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Combine one tablespoon sugar, one tablespoon butter and half a teaspoon cinnamon; brush evenly over apple. Cover pan with foil; bake for 20 minutes.
Remove foil; bake for an additional 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove pan from oven; cool 10 minutes. Combine remaining sugar, butter, cinnamon, oats, flour and salt. Carefully fan open apple halves. Spoon oat mixture evenly over apples.
Bake for 10 minutes. Turn broiler to high; broil 2 minutes, until browned. Serve with frozen yogurt.