Asian Peanut Chicken Rice Bowl
- 3 – 3 ¼ cups low sodium chicken stock
- 15 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups Jasmine rice
- Coarse salt to taste
Chicken and Vegetables:
- 1 Tbsp. canola or grapeseed oil
- Pinch coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 2 cups stir fry vegetables (snow peas, broccoli, carrots, etc.)
- 3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar or honey
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. Sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Splash hot water
- ½ cup diced green onion, basil and/or cilantro, for garnish
- ¼ cup peanuts, for garnish
- To make rice, bring chicken stock and coconut water to a boil in a saucepan. Add rice and simmer 15-20 minutes with the lid on, until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender. Season to taste with salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts in hot skillet/wok and cook about 3 minutes. Add vegetables and saute 3-4 more minutes, until veggies are just starting to soften.
- While rice and chicken/vegetables cook, prepare sauce. Whisk together peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime zest and juice, Sriracha, ginger and a splash of hot water.
- Place cooked noodles and carrots in a bowl and top with chicken strips, drizzle with sauce and garnish with green onion, basil and/or cilantro and peanuts. Serve.