Scallops with Caribbean Chimichurri
The following recipe makes a delicious and refreshing accompaniment to a Caribbean-themed meal.
- 4 sea scallops (U-10 scallop size)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp - Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 Tbsp - Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 Tbsp - Lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/4 tsp - Sugar
- 1 tsp - Garlic, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp - Each: fresh cilantro, parsley and scallions, finely chopped
- Season scallops with salt and pepper, place olive oil in a saute pan or skillet. When pan is hot, add scallops and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place on serving plate.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over scallops. Serve.
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Sodium: 197 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 8 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 21 g