Baked Italian Pork Chops
Print This Recipe
Pork Chop and Wine Bake (pdf)
- 4 center cut loin pork chops, well-trimmed, 5–6 ounces each
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- Preheat oven to 350° (can also be cooked in a crock pot).
- Mix, salt, pepper and flour; then dredge pork chops in the mixture.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan, brown pork chops on both sides.
- Place in a 9 x 9 baking dish or crock pot. Cover with sliced onion.
- Combine thyme, rosemary, wine and broth or water; pour over pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1–11/2 hours, or until fork tender. If you are using a crock pot, cook on low for 7–9 hours or high for 4–5 hours.
Calories: 519 calories
Total Fat: 26 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 139 mg
Sodium: 185 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 51 g