Freezer-to-Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp coarse salt
- ¼ tsp ground black peppers
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-2 cups water or low sodium chicken broth
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date.
- Add all ingredients, except water/broth, to the bag.
- Remove as much air from the bag as possible, seal and lay flat in your freezer for up to 3 months.
- The night before cooking, move the frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
- The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your crockpot, plus the water/broth, and cook on low setting for 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken and serve with cooked onions and peppers.