Cranberry Walnut Whole Wheat Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour ( can substitute whole wheat flour or bread flour)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup udis honey oat gluten free granola or your favorite heart healthy granola
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups fat free milk
- 7/8 cups swerve granulated sugar replacement
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup light and fit vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup fresh cranberries or fresh blueberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons honey (can substitute molasses or maple syrup depending on taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, pie spice, flax seed, granola.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk sugar, oil and yogurt.
- Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until combined.
- Fold in berries and walnuts.
- Spoon into muffin cups or baking tins.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and a tooth pick inserted into the centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pans.
Makes 12 giant muffins or 2 ½ dozen normal sized muffins. Cut mixture in half to make 12 normal sized muffins.