UW Health Transplant Patient Resources
Transplant Health Facts
Curious about how the journey from organ donation to transplant really happens? There are dozens of people who contribute to this life-saving work.
This video uses graphics to walk you through the process: Donation and Transplantation: How Does It Work?
This video helps you experience the process through a real donor and recipient story. When Brooke Dawkins decided to become a registered organ donor, she didn't know that decision would ultimately save Carol Wright's life: Journey of the Heart
Transplant Patient Education Videos and Quizzes
- Liver Transplant Patient Education Quizzes and Videos
- Kidney Transplant Patient Education Quizzes and Videos
- Pancreas Transplant Patient Education Quizzes and Videos
Transplant Community Learning Sessions
Our continuing education sessions help transplant patients, living donors and their families and friends stay up-to-date on important information. Many of these sessions include both an in-person presentation and online opportunity to expand your knowledge and stay connected to this ever-changing field of medicine.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming sessions, email your request to: email@example.com
- The UW Health Liver Transplant Team recently shared the latest information about living liver donation. Watch their presentation on the UW Health YouTube channel.
- The presentations from the 2016 Transplant Conference are now available for viewing on the UW Health YouTube channel. Experts from UW Health share their knowledge and patients and donor families share their experiences. Page through the videos to select a session, and learn something new today.
- Listen to a recording of the At the Forefront of Transplantation: An Update on Immunosuppression Research presentation (This recording began a few minutes into the presentation, just after introductions were made. You will join the presentation recording as Dixon Kaufman, MD, PhD, Chief of Transplantation, begins the session.)
- View a recording from our learning session titled The Healthy Tipping Point: Preparing for a Transplant, as presented by UW Health Transplant Dietitian, Becca Wallschlaeger MS RDN CD. You'll learn healthy living strategies and see her cooking demonstration. You'll learn how to incorporate more fresh foods into your diet to help promote healthier eating habits and weight loss. You will also be given the strategies to achieve weight maintenance once you’ve met your weight loss goals.
- Listen to this recording titled Financial Considerations for Transplant Patients, as presented by experts from the UW Health Transplant Team. This session is part of our ongoing Living Well Before and After Transplant learning series, created in partnership with the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin.
- View a recording from our learning session, The Healthy Tipping Point: Preparing for a Transplant, as presented by UW Health Transplant Dietitian Becca Wallschlaeger, MS, RDN, CD. You'll learn healthy living strategies and see her cooking demonstration. You'll learn how to incorporate more fresh foods into your diet to help promote healthier eating habits and weight loss. You will also be given the strategies to achieve weight maintenance once you’ve met your weight loss goals.
Liver Transplant Support Group
Receive support from other patients and their caregivers who are experiencing transplant. Sessions are held monthly on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday from 11:15am-12:30pm. More information (pdf)
Clinical Resources for Post-Transplant Patients
Patient Housing in Madison
Other Resources for Post-Transplant Patients
- Celebrate Your Organ Anniversary
- Writing Your Donor Family
- Share Your Transplant Experience
- Transplant Mentor Program
- Keeping the Gift of Life Alive: A Nutrition Guide and Cookbook for Transplant Patients (pdf)
Resources for Living Donation
Transplant Experience offers patient education resources on living donation.