Islet Cell Transplant
For clinic appointments: (608) 262-5420
For all other inquiries:
Fax: (608) 262-5624
The University of Wisconsin is conducting an islet cell transplant clinical trial for patients with Type I diabetes mellitus.
The purpose of this trial is to study the effectiveness of pioglitazone, a medicine that sensitizes the body's cells to insulin, in combination with islet transplant in selected individuals with Type I diabetes mellitus.
The links on this page provide detailed information about islet cells, the transplant process and how patients can get involved with the clinical trial.
Information About Our Islet Cell Program
- What is Islet Cell Transplant?
- The Islet Cell Transplant Process
- Islet Cell Clinical Trial Overview
- Islet Cell Transplantation Benefits and Risks
- Autologous Islet Transplantation for Chronic Pancreatitis
- Transplant Mentor Program
- Healthy Transplant
- Restoring Hope Transplant House
- Western Wisconsin Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation