Smoke- and Tobacco-Free Policy
- UW Hospital and Clinics
- All UW Health clinics
- American Family Children's Hospital
- UW Carbone Cancer Center
- All UW health science campus areas, including the UW Schools of Medicine and Public Health, Nursing and Pharmacy, as well as the Waisman Center
- All UW Medical Foundation and UW Hospital and Clinics administrative locations
Learn more about our smoke-free and tobacco-free policy, smoking cessation resources and where to obtain nicotine replacement products (e.g., lozenges, gum and patches) at our facilities:
The American Heart Association says that the link between secondhand smoke (also called environmental tobacco smoke) and disease is well known, and the connection to cardiovascular-related disability and death is also clear.
Each year, about 37,000 to 40,000 people die from heart and blood vessel disease caused by other people's smoke. Of these, about 35,000 nonsmokers die from coronary heart disease, which includes heart attack.
- Smoking and Secondhand Smoke (American Heart Association)
- Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line (1-800-QUIT-NOW)
- UW Center for Tobacco Research and Intervention (UW-CTRI)
- The tobacco tax just increased $1 - on UW-CTRI's Web site, calculate how much money you will save if you quit.