Point of Care Coordinator
Point of Care/Point of Service testing refers to any diagnostic laboratory testing performed under the UW Hospital and Clinics umbrella that is not performed or processed within the Clinical Laboratories.
UW Hospital and Clinics Clinical Laboratories provide consultative services for laboratory testing in all patient care areas.
Services provided by the Point of Care Coordinator in the Clinical Laboratories include:
- Method validation of new instruments or test methods
- Assistance with procedure manual preparation
- Developing quality control and quality assurance programs
- Resolving quality control problems
- Oversight of competency testing
- Result audits
- Meeting regulatory requirements
Requests for new Point of Care tests or the expansion or relocation of existing point of care tests must be approved by the Laboratory Practice and Testing Oversight Committee, in accordance with UW Hospital and Clinics Administrative Policy 2.5.3. Please contact the Point of Care (POC) Coordinator for more information.