Welcome to UW Health's flu resources section.
This portion of our website will be updated with the latest information about influenza, including materials about prevention, symptoms and getting the flu vaccine.
Flu Vaccine Appointments: Call Your Clinic
- Contact your primary care clinic to schedule your flu vaccine appointment. View phone numbers for UW Health clinics
- If you have MyChart, you may schedule a flu vaccine appointment via MyChart.
- UW Health pharmacists also administer vaccines for seasonal influenza for patients ages 6 and up. Learn more
It's best to get the flu vaccine early in the flu season.
Who Should Get Flu Vaccine?
According to the Centers for Disease Control, the vast majority of people 6 months and older should get the flu vaccine.
- Who can get the flu shot? Flu shots are for anyone 6 months and older who is not allergic to the flu vaccine or any ingredient in the flu vaccine.
- Who should get the high-dose Influenza vaccine? The high dose vaccine should be given to patients 65 years and older.
Nasal Flu Vaccine (FluMist®)
- FluMist® is available in UW Health clinics this year, when stock is available.
- It will be determined during your appointment by clinic staff/your provider if FluMist® can be given.
- There is no guarantee FluMist® will be available at the clinic on any given day.