Couscous Berry Salad
Berries are rich in antioxidants, which help shield skin from damage due to sun exposure. Combined with almonds, this recipe brings together foods that help reduce inflammation and improve your health from the inside out.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked whole-wheat couscous
- 1 cup chopped nectarine
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries, such as blueberries and raspberries
- 1 Tablespoons toasted sliced almonds (Almonds can be substitute with walnuts, pine nuts or hazelnuts)
Whisk oil, orange juice, vinegar, shallots, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add cooked couscous, nectarines, berries and almonds; gently toss to combine.
*Note: To toast sliced almonds, heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.