The UW Health Hip Preservation Program provides preservation techniques can address hip pain and reduce, and possibly eliminate, the need for hip replacement.
Conditions and Treatments
- Hip Arthroscopy Procedures (pdf)
- Open Hip Abductor Repair (pdf)
- Periacetabular Osteotomy (PAO) of the Hip (pdf)
- Proximal Hamstring Primary Repair (pdf)
- Surgical Hip Dislocation (pdf)
Video: What is Hip Preservation
UW Health orthopedic surgeon Andrea Spiker, MD, explains the benefits of hip preservation.
Video: Why Choose UW Health for Hip Preservation
UW Health offers a multidisciplinary approach to treating hip pain. Due to the diverse expertise, patients can feel confident they have engaged all options in the management and treatment of their hip pain.