Cancer Connect Helps Patients, Referring Physicians
MADISON - The Cancer Connect office is staffed by skilled oncology nurses and health educators who provide specific information about the University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center and how patients can access care.
Cancer Connect works directly with referring physicians, cancer patients and their families to improve cancer care by:
- Facilitating new patient referrals and appointments
- Assisting with the communication between referring and UW Carbone Cancer Center physicians
- Providing information and preliminary screening for active UW Carbone Cancer Center clinical trials
- Understanding the range of UW Carbone Cancer Center patient services and programs
- Responding to UW Carbone Cancer Center press releases, news items and events
- Assisting patients in the interpretations and evaluation of medical information
- Referring to other local, regional and national cancer-related resources
To speak directly, call from 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday. If you call after hours, you can leave a recorded message. Your call will be returned the next working day.