Spine Physical Therapy
UW Health's Spine Physical Therapy Clinic at Research Park in Madison, Wisconsin, offers the expertise of a team of physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
Our staff provides rehabilitation for patients with back or neck pain that interferes with home, work or recreational activities. Services for evaluation and treatment of pelvic pain and incontinence are also provided at this location.
Common Spine Conditions Treated
- Neck, thoracic, pelvis or lower-back pain
- Sacroiliac dysfunction
- Disc pathology/injury with or without radicular/referred symptoms into the arms or legs
- Pre- and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Stenosis, spondylolisthesis and scoliosis
- Spine-related sports or work injuries
- Lumbar Spondylolysis/Spondylolisthesis (pdf)
Spine Treatment Plans
An individualized treatment program is developed based on a biomechanical examination of the neuromusculoskeletal system. The goal of the treatment program is to maximize patients' functional abilities and to allow for self-management of their medical conditions.
In addition to a traditional land-based treatment program, treatment may include use of the on-site aquatic center for conditioning and/or strengthening. Back care classes feature training in neutral posture, body mechanics, ergonomics and injury prevention.
Spine Physical Therapy staff approaches your rehabilitation in an open and creative fashion, with clinical expertise in many areas. Treatment plans focus specifically on exercise for flexibility/range-of-motion, strengthening and stabilization, posture, education and return-to-function but can also consist of "hands-on" therapy such as mobilization/manipulation.
- Physical therapy and complete evaluation and treatment of spine dysfunction and injury
- Pool therapy in Research Park's Aquatic Center
- Physical therapy for pelvic floor disorders
- Independent fitness center program