Do the March College Basketball Fan Workout, Badger Style
Madison, Wisconsin – You may be a college basketball fanatic, but that doesn’t mean tournament time has to turn you into a couch potato.
Rather than scarfing down pizza and chips during the games, join UW Health's Fitness Center in integrating exercise into the NCAA experience.
Do the March College Basketball Fan Workout Challenge, Badgers style. Here’s how:
3-Point Shot Made: Perform three squats
- Feet hip-width apart.
- Sit your hips down and back as if to sit in a chair.
- Lower yourself, keeping the knees pointing toward the toes. Press your feet down into floor to stand back up.
Slam Dunk: Do five pushups
- Lie on your stomach on the floor, with your hands flat on the floor near your arm pits.
- Press yourself off the floor until your arms are straight at the elbows. (You can be either on your toes or your knees.)
Team Penalty: Do a wall sit for 10 seconds for each foul the Badgers commit (count restarts in the second half)
- Orient yourself with your back to the wall but your heels about two feet away from the wall.
- Keeping the knees pointing toward the toes, allow your body to slide down the wall until both your hips and knees are at 90 degrees.
- Hold for the designated time. Press your feet down into floor to stand back up.
Commercial Break: Plank for the entire duration commercials are on the TV during timeouts
- Support yourself in the "up" position of a push up.
- Consider using your elbows instead of your hands and/or using your knees instead of your toes.
- Hold until play resumes.
Final Badger Point Total: Whatever the number, do that many jumping jacks. Jumping jacks can be done high or low impact!
Badger Win Bonus – Final Score Total: Whatever the collective number, do that many jumping jacks. You’ll be jumping up and down anyway because the Badgers won!
Date Published: 03/19/2015