University Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin, has an adult inpatient unit for treatment of mental or psychiatric disorders that cannot be adequately managed on an outpatient basis.
- The 18-bed Psychiatry unit offers private rooms.
- The unit is designed to provide a safe environment conducive to healing and recovery
- Large, open common areas create welcoming spaces for dining, connecting with others and recreation.
Family and support persons are welcome to visit daily from 8am-9pm. Primary supports are welcome to stay overnight with nurse approval. Children 17 years old and younger may visit the unit if they are supervised by an adult visitor.
- Interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Medication management
- Individual and group therapy
- Comprehensive discharge planning refers patients for further treatment in their local communities
The treatment team includes psychiatrists, a psychologist, psychiatric nurses, occupational therapists and social workers. Members of the treatment team may use other hospital consulting services as needed. Spiritual services are available to all patients.
Call (608) 263-7525 for more information about our inpatient unit. If there is an emergency, call 911 or go to an emergency room.