Try unique gazpacho recipe that includes lycopene-packed tomatoes. Lycopene is the natural pigment that makes tomatoes red and is an excellent antioxidant that protects against the causes of skin aging. Tomatoes are also rich in vitamin C, which helps to keep the skin firm and taut by aiding collagen production.
The watermelon in this cool summer soup is also skin-friendly, as it's also rich in lycopene and packed with water, helping to hydrate the skin.
- 5 cups watermelon, cubed
- ½ red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, divided
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, divided
- ½ jalapeno, cored and seeded
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Zest and juice of 1 large lime
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- Dash freshly ground black pepper and coarse salt
Reserve a few tablespoons of cilantro and mint for garnish.
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Serve gazpacho in bowls and top with cilantro and mint leaves. (Gazpacho is usually served cool or chilled.)