Ham, Goat Cheese and Cherry Crostinis
The cherries on top are more than just a tasty, colorful garnish on this impressive-looking but easy appetizer from the Learning Kitchen at UW Health at The American Center. Packed with skin-friendly vitamins and antioxidants, cherries can help keep your skin radiant and healthy.
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cherries
- ½ cup cherry wine or sweet red wine
- 1 baguette, sliced ½-1 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Dash coarse salt
- 4 oz creamy goat cheese
- 2 oz smoked ham, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup unsalted nuts, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Place dried cherries and wine in a jar fitted with a lid. Allow cherries to soak for 2 or more hours, until plump. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes, until crisp. Allow to cool.
- Spread a thick layer of goat cheese on each crostini. Top each with a slice of thin ham, a tablespoon of wine-soaked cherries, a teaspoon of nuts and a few thyme leaves. Drizzle each crostini with a teaspoon of honey and a dash of coarse salt. Serve.