From the Positive Times: Accessing Community Resources During the Pandemic
By Eric Stanko, CAPSW
A lot has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic. Many of the resources and supports we use are doing things differently now. The good news is that these resources and supports are still available! A lot of us have relied on these things to meet our needs or get additional help with specific problems, and this may be more important than ever before with COVID-19. Our goal at UW Health is to make sure you get everything you need to live well, so we are providing this brief list of services to help during the pandemic.
- Vivent Health (formerly ARCW): 608-252-6540. Call ahead for pick up.
- Grace Episcopal Church: 608-255-5147. ID is required.
- Beth Lutheran Church: 608-257-3577. ID is required. Call ahead to register.
- River Food Pantry: 608-442-8815. Proof of address required.
Prevention/Harm Reduction Services
- Vivent Health: 800-486-6276
- Needle/syringe exchange, Narcan, condoms
- Public Health Madison Dane County: 608-243-0411
- Needle/syringe exchange, condoms, free STI/HIV testing
- Bethel Lutheran Church: 608-257-3577
- Adult-sized clothing
- Grace Episcopal Church: 608-255-5147
- Personal grooming supplies and toiletries
- River Food Pantry: 608-442-8815
- Vincent DePaul Society: 608-257-0919
- Clothing vouchers
Useful Phone Numbers
- Journey Mental Health Crisis: 608-280-2600
- Dane County United Way: 211 (call for various resources/services)
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC): 608-240-7400
- Tenant Resource Center (TRC): 608-257-0006
- UW Health HIV Clinic: 608-263-0946
Your UW Health team is here for you. If you have questions, concerns, or just need to talk, your social worker is ready to help so please reach out to us!