Conditions and Treatments
Infectious disease specialists at UW Health provide inpatient, outpatient and emergency consultative services for the diagnosis and management of complex infectious diseases and unexplained febrile illnesses, especially those that may become life-threatening.
Infectious disease physicians have special interests in the diagnosis and management of infections in immunologically compromised patients - leukemia patients, organ transplant recipients, patients with AIDS or HIV-related diseases - as well as bacterial infections, including endocarditis, meningitis and acute and chronic osteomyelitis.
Our specialists treat a wide range of conditions, including:
Treatments and Services
- Administration of antiparasitic and antiviral drugs
- Diagnosis and management of complex infectious diseases
- Dressing changes
- Home health and other community referrals
- Immunizations for foreign travel
- In-hospital antimicrobial utilization review
- Monitoring of home intravenous antibiotic therapy
- Nonsocomial infection control
- Patient education
- Rational use of immunizations and vaccines
- Transplant evaluations