Choosing a Primary Care Physician
Learn about the role of primary care physicians in your health care.
The general health needs of families and individuals are met through the UW Health staff of family physicians.
UW Health family physicians in and around Madison, Wisconsin, provide both immediate and routine day-to-day health care services, including diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses for patients of all ages. Family physicians also provide preventive and health maintenance services, family planning, gynecological services and minor procedures.
In addition, many family physicians provide maternity care. Many also have special interest in such areas as geriatrics, substance abuse and sports medicine.
Family Medicine Services
- Comprehensive health care for infants, children and adults
- Maternity care from prenatal to delivery, including the CenteringPregnancy group learning prenatal care program
- Lactation services
- Routine gynecological care
- Health assessments and physicals
- Activity/sports screenings (learn more about the Activity Screening Pre-Visit History Form)
- Acute and chronic illness care
- Minor surgical procedures
- Preventive medicine