Not Just for Teens - Learn How You Can Become a Lifeguard
Being a lifeguard may have been the summer job in our teen years, but it can still be a great part-time opportunity for adults.
Did you know:
- The UW Health Sports Medicine Center at Research Park pools must have a working lifeguard whenever the pools are open? That is 93 hours every week! During many hours we need to have two. So, we’re always on the lookout for potential new lifeguards.
- Our lifeguards come from all age ranges (college students to seniors)
- Many/most adults with swimming experience can be trained up to pass the swimming components of lifeguard certification
- Lifeguard shifts typically run 2-4 hours
- •Adult (post-student age) is the most rapidly growing demographic our lifeguards are coming from.
Adults love lifeguarding here for many reasons:
- Flexible part-time hours
- The environmental is a healthy, positive and proactive one
- Many guards are members or class participants and are coming here anyway
- We're an “Adults-Only” environment, which means it is calmer, quieter and often less stressful
Sound interesting? Do you think that you’d like helping other adults stay physically active and healthy? Wondering if it’s a good fit for you?
Free Informational Session - Could You Be a Lifeguard?
Join us for a free informational session to learn if lifeguarding is right for you.
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
Conference room 1111a (Front conference room)
- Learn whether part time lifeguarding might be a good fit for you.
- Meet a few of our guards and hear how convenient and pleasant guarding here is.
- Learn about upcoming lifeguard training/certification opportunities.
- OPTIONAL – Enter the pool and have Dianne Lahey (lifeguard certification staff) assess your swimming skills. Bring a swim suit if you’d like to participate in this portion.
No need to RSVP – simply drop in. Put it on your calendar. And bring an aqua-loving friend, too!
Can’t make it to this session but would still like to find out more about lifeguarding here? Contact Dianne Lahey, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 265-8350 ext.1.