Ketogenic Diet Recipes: Beef and Chorizo Tacos with Cheesy Shells
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground chorizo
- ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, place ¼ cup cheese, 2 inches apart. Press the cheese down lightly so it makes one layer. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the edges of the cheese are browned. Let the cheese cool for 2-3 minutes, then lift it up and place it over the handle of a spoon or other utensil that is balanced on two cups. Let cheese cool completely, then remove.
- While shells bake, brown beef and chorizo in a medium skillet on medium heat, stirring to break up the meat into crumbles. Stir in chili powder.
- Scoop meat into the cheese shells and top with avocado slices and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts: 3.9 gm net carbs per serving