Ketogenic Diet Recipes: Breakfast Sausage Casserole
Breakfast Sausage Casserole
- 10 large eggs
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage, cooked
- 1 cup broccoli, diced and cooked
- ½ cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 Tbsp. sugar free syrup, divided
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. each coarse salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried sage
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add cooked sausage, cooked broccoli, cheddar cheese, 4 tablespoons syrup and melted butter.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together almond flour, flaxseed meal, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and sage, until combined.
- Slowly pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients, whisking until just combined.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons syrup. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until set. Allow to slightly cool and set before slicing and serving.
Net carbs: 23.3 grams per recipe; 2.9-3.9 grams per serving