Center for Clinical Knowledge Management (CCKM) Technology Assessment
The Technology Assessment Committee
The goal of the Technology Assessment Committee is to facilitate the adoption and use of safe, efficacious, and cost-effective medical device technologies that improve patient care by considering issues related to the safety, efficacy, financial impact, and fit with the programmatic needs and mission of UW Health.
- Committee Chair:
- Tim Gaillard, SVP, Chief Operating Officer UWHC
- Committee Staff:
- Paul Froehlich, Director, Enterprise Analytics
- Sherryl Pertzborn, Manager, Enterprise Analytics
- Chad Warner, Director, Center for Clinical Knowledge Management
- Aimee Arnoldussen, PhD, Program Manager-Technology Assessment
- Committee Membership
- Staff representation from major clinical specialties, clinicians, financial analysts and administrative leadership
Biomedical device technologies that are new to the organization including capital equipment, implants and disposable supplies in the hospital or ambulatory settings with a single purchase or total annual expense of $100,000 or greater (including philanthropic donations). Please refer to the charter (pdf) for more specific scope detail.
Recommendations made by the Technology Assessment Committee regarding technology acquisition are communicated to the requester(s) and the Capital Allocations Committee. Recommendations can include adoption of the technology, adoption with restrictions, deferral with re-review at a later date or denial.