Burn and Wound Center Conditions and Treatments
The University Hospital Burn and Wound Center has a tradition of providing expert burn and wound care for all ages.
Established in 1974, the Burn and Wound Center is now a comprehensive burn and wound care facility, providing care from the time of injury through discharge and rehabilitation.
Conditions and Treatments
The Burn and Wound Center provides quality care for both adult and pediatric patients suffering from a wide range of injuries, including:
- Soft tissue conditions such as necrotizing fasciitis, purpura fulminans and degloving injuries
- Conditions that require reconstructive surgery
Our Burn and Wound Center also operates in conjunction with our Level I Trauma Center, which provides patients with the following resources:
- A team of trauma care specialists available on site 24 hours a day
- A specially trained staff and a wide array of highly-specialized diagnostic and treatment equipment through all phases of trauma care, including the emergency room, operating room and intensive care units
- Comprehensive clinical lab services available 24 hours
- Programs for injury prevention, public and professional education and trauma research
- Designated operating room availability and staffing 24 hours a day
- A rehabilitation service properly equipped for acute care of critically injured patients