Symptoms of Severe Anxiety and PanicSkip to the navigation
Symptoms of severe anxiety and panic linked with social anxiety disorder include:
- Fast heart rate and fast breathing.
- Trembling and feeling weak in the knees.
- Being unable to move or run away.
Symptoms of panic include:
- Feelings of terror or hopelessness.
- Chest tightness or chest pain.
- Severe trouble breathing with a fear of choking.
- Hot flashes or chills.
- A sense of unreality (like being in a dream).
- Fear of losing control or going crazy.
- Fear of dying.
Health Tools help you make wise health decisions or take action to improve your health.
Primary Medical Reviewer Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine
Specialist Medical Reviewer Lisa S. Weinstock, MD - Psychiatry
Current as ofNovember 20, 2015
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org.
© 1995-2016 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.