Discovering your fitness preferences and attitudes
Choosing the right fitness activities is a key to a successful fitness program. Answering these questions can help.
- Do you prefer being active by yourself or with others?
- Do you enjoy being outdoors when possible, or do you prefer the security, reliability, and consistency of an indoor fitness setting?
- Do you prefer activities that involve some contact (racquetball, soccer, basketball) or no contact?
- Do you prefer competition with others, with yourself, or no competition at all?
- Do you prefer activities that also involve some mental challenge or strategy, or do you prefer not to have to think or concentrate while being active?
- Does your body function best in the morning, midday, or evening?
- With your current schedule, which part of the day will work best for fitting in physical activity?
- How much money are you willing to spend on gear or other expenses related to an activity?
- Are you interested in taking classes or getting instruction to learn a new activity?
- Do you prefer "everyday" activities such as gardening to more structured activities?
- Are you willing to go to an exercise facility, such as a gym, or do you prefer exercise you do at home?
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.