In Wisconsin clinic and hospital locations masks are required during all patient interactions. In Illinois clinic and hospital locations masks are required in some areas and strongly recommended in others.Learn more
Dr. Steiner has a longstanding interest and expertise in biochemical genetic disorders, including those affecting bone metabolism. Steiner is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin and was awarded an MD from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (formerly UW Medical School), Madison, WI. He completed residency in pediatrics at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and fellowship in medical genetics at the University of Washington and Seattle Children’s Hospital Regional Medical Center. Dr. Steiner is board certified in pediatrics, clinical genetics, and clinical biochemical genetics, and is a member of the faculty of the Division of Genetics and Metabolism.
Dr. Steiner is an active pediatric genetics clinician, with particular interests in pediatric metabolic bone diseases, inherited metabolic diseases, lysosomal storage diseases, cholesterol disorders, and newborn screening.
Education & credentials
- Clinical Biochemical Genetics
- Clinical Genetics and Genomics
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (formerly UW Medical School), Madison, WI
- University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
Additional conditions and treatments
- Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva
- Hypophosphatemic Rickets
- Low Bone Mineral Density in Children
- Lysosomal Storage Disorders
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Rickets (Vitamin D Deficiency)
- Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome
Research & publications
Dr. Steiner has served as the Principal Investigator for more than a dozen clinical trials and clinical research studies with continuous research funding from the National Institutes of Health for nearly 20 years. He currently serves as an editorial board member of the _Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease and New Horizons in Translational Medicine,_ and is Deputy Editor for Nature/Springer Publishing’s _Genetics in Medicine_.