Road and parking lot construction in Madison, Wis. may result in travel delays and route changes to UW Health clinic and hospital locations. Please plan accordingly.Read more
Dobie Giles, MD, is a UW Health female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgeon and an associate professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Dr. Giles specializes in treating pelvic floor disorders, including prolapse, urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence and fistulas. He has a special interest in treating patients with an overactive bladder.
As a leader in the field, Dr. Giles is passionate about building awareness for how the pelvic floor functions and how common pelvic floor disorders are. He works to get to the root of the problem by first listening to his patients’ experiences and concerns. He then educates them about possible treatment options, using plain language so they are empowered to make the decisions that are best for them.
Outside of work, Dr. Giles is an avid reader, reading three to four books a week. He also enjoys spending time with his family at the lake and traveling.
Pelvic floor disorders are a very prominent problem. Half of all women will experience some type of pelvic floor disorder during their lifetime, but there are treatments.
Education & credentials
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, TN
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Milwaukee, WI
- Abdominal Sacrocolpopexy
- Anal sphincteroplasty
- Anterior/Posterior Repair
- Incontinence Sling
- Intravesical Botox Injection
- Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy
- Peripheral Tibial Nerve Stimulation
- Pessary Placement
- Rectovaginal fistula repair
- Robotic hysterectomy
- Sacral Neuromodulation
- Tension-Free Vaginal Tape
- Urethral Bulking Agent Injection