New Patient Welcome
Choosing a UW Health Primary Care Physician
You can transition your primary care services to UW Health by following the steps below:
- Contact your insurance company to ensure that UW Health providers are within your network.
- Contact the Welcome Center by calling (608) 821-4819 or (800) 552-4255, or complete the brief Find a Primary Care Doctor form. You can review our primary care physicians by going to our Find A Doctor tool and:
- For physicians for adults, select the Advanced Search link: Family Medicine or Internal Medicine from the Adult Specialty dropdown menu and then select the Search button.
- For children's physicians, select the Advanced Search link: Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine or Family Medicine from the Pediatric Specialty dropdown menu and then select the Search button.
- Verbal Communication/Voice Mail Messages (pdf)
- Autorización para la Comunicación Verbal y/o para dejar mensajes en el buzón de voz (pdf)
UW Health Welcome Center
The Welcome Center staff are available to help you choose a UW Health primary care physician and transition your care to UW Health. Our team of nurses, social workers, and primary care referral specialists will assist you in choosing a physician, transferring medical records, entering your medical information into our medical records and making any necessary appointments.
We also have staff who are able to provide community resource information (i.e. transportation, financial issues, completing advance directives, etc.).