New Patient Welcome
Choosing a UW Health Primary Care Physician
You can transition your primary care services to UW Health by following the steps below:
- Contact your insurance company to ensure that UW Health providers are within your network.
- Contact the Welcome Center by calling (608) 821-4819 or (800) 552-4255, or complete the brief Find a Primary Care Doctor form. You can review our primary care physicians by going to our Find A Doctor tool and:
- For physicians for adults, select the Advanced Search link: Family Medicine or Internal Medicine from the Adult Specialty drop-down menu and then select the Search button.
- For children's physicians, select the Advanced Search link: Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine or Family Medicine from the Pediatric Specialty drop-down menu and then select the Search button.
- Verbal Communication/Voice Mail Messages (pdf)
- Autorización para la Comunicación Verbal y/o para dejar mensajes en el buzón de voz (pdf)
UW Health Welcome Center
Welcome Center staff are available to help you choose a UW Health primary care physician and transition your care to UW Health. Our team of nurses, medical assistants and primary care referral specialists will assist you in choosing a physician, transferring medical records, entering your medical information into our medical records and making necessary appointments.