Lifestyle Class, Support Group and Seminars
About Our Lifestyle Class/Support Group
We offer a free lifestyle class/support group for anyone who has had surgery or has participated in a weight loss program, and anyone considering medical or surgical weight management.
- We begin with a 30-minute interactive presentation on weight management topics.
- The remaining 60 minutes is dedicated to interacting with and gaining support from patients and professionals who are involved or interested in our Surgical Weight Management Program.
- Friends, family members and support people are always welcome.
- Location: UW Health at The American Center, 4602 Eastpark Blvd., Madison
- Price: Free
- Registration: No registration is required
2020 Dates and Topics
Topic: Short- and long-term post-surgical complications
Topic: Meatless Monday
Live Q-and-A in Facebook group with clinical nutritionist Wendy Hahn, 4:30-6:30pm
Topic: Weight regain
Live video session in Facebook group with Samantha Gollup, 12pm - 1pm
Topic: Coping with COVID-19 and race-based stress
Presented by Dr. Shannon Patterson, PhD Health Psychology
This video will be available in the Facebook group starting at 5pm.
Topic: Live Q-and-A in Facebook group with Dawn Gogert, 5:30-6pm.
Topic: Live relaxation practice in Facebook group with health psychologist Dr. Lisa Nackers, 5:30-6pm.
Topic: Cooking demo and holiday party